We all love having cakes but all those who are on a diet or weight losing spree can't have it much as it is full of calories. So all those people who are on a regular strict diet regime need not worry, I have some super delicious diet recipes of cakes which will fulfill your temptations of having a cake with a dash of diet. The best thing about having such cakes is that these are easy cake recipes which can be easily prepared at home. So, check out some easy diet recipes of cake here:
Rosemary Conley's Lemon Drizzle Cake
180 g low-fat spread
180 g caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
180 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Beat the low-fat spread with the caster sugar, gradually adding the egg.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder and beat again adding the finely grated zest of both lemons.
- Pour into a loaf mould, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes until a skewer inserted into the thickest part comes out clean.
- When the cake is cooked - remove from the oven and pour over the juice from the 2 lemons and sprinkle with sugar, allow to cool and then serve cold.
For the fat free cupcakes:
1 green tea bag
140 g sultanas
115 g pitted soft dates, chopped
140 g dark muscovado sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
225 g whole meal self-rising flour
1 tsp ground ginger
For the green tea icing:
250 g fondant icing sugar, sieved
3 to 4 tbsp green tea, hot or cold
2 tbsp each sultanas and chopped dates
You will also need:
Silicon moulds or non-stick paper cases
- To make the cupcakes, put the tea bag in a large measuring jug and add 300 ml plus 3-4 tbsp of hot, but not-quite-boiling, water.
- Set aside for 10 minutes, then remove the bag and pour 300 ml of the tea into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sultanas, dates and sugar. Leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Beat the eggs into the tea mixture in the bowl and stir in the flour and ginger until evenly combined.
- Set the silicone cases on a baking sheet and spoon the mixture into them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a skewer pushed into the centre of a cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in enough green tea to make a spreadable icing.
- Coat the tops of the cupcakes with the icing and decorate with a few sultanas and chopped dates.
Pistachio and Yogurt Cake
Light olive oil or low-fat spread, for oiling or greasing
140g shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts
175g caster sugar
150g plain low fat yogurt
75ml light olive oil
115g self-rising flour
Greek yougurt and mixed fresh berries to top
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/315°F/Gas mark 2-3.
- Oil a 23cm spring form cake tin with a little light olive oil or use some low-fat spread.
- Start by finely grinding the pistachios in a food processor, then set aside.
- Using a free-standing electric mixer, beat the eggs and the sugar together until very pale and thick.
- This will take about 5 minutes, so be patient with it!
- Next, gently mix in the yogurt and olive oil.
- Now, sift in the flour and fold in using a spatula, then add the ground pistachios.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Top with Greek yogurt and mixed fresh berries.
So these were some easy cake recipes which are extremely diet friendly. Do try them out once.